Thursday, November 1, 2007

Florida Mortgage | Hurricane Inspections for Free!

Lightning struck twice this week.  While speaking to my friend and Realtor in Coral Springs, Florida... I related to her how I had a client getting a Hurricane Inspection which was shaving 40% off the insurance premium for the house he is purchasing. 

She asked me if it was a My Safe Florida Home inspection... I had never heard of that.  She told me about how they offer FREE Hurricane / Windstorm Inspections to homeowners in Florida.  I had to find out more...

So then I was talking to a new buyer... referred to me by another ActiveRain member.  He is a first time homebuyer etc ... and guess what he does?  Installs Hurricane Shutters in West Palm Beach Florida! 

I asked him if he knew about it and he said that his company is on the certified contractor list... and they get a lot of business from it.

So I had to investigate this further... My Safe Florida Home was set up by the State of Florida to help homeowners to protect their homes in the case of windstorm aka Hurricane Damage. 

My Safe Florida Home offers several services:

  • Free Home Inspections
  • Matching Grants for Improvements
  •  Low Income Assistance
  •  Insurance Premium Discounts

You can also learn more about the My Safe Florida Home program at one of their fairs.  The next event in South Florida is:

MY SAFE FLORIDA HOME FAIR: FORT LAUDERDALE
November 3, 2007, 10 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Broward Community College, Omni Auditorium
1000 Coconut Creek Boulevard
Coconut Creek, FL 33066

For more information about My Safe Florida Home please follow this link to my main website:  Florida Mortgage | Hurricane Inspections ~ FREE!


More Florida Mortgage and Real Estate News You Can Use From
David A. Podgursky, MBA
TheMortgageGoToGuy.com
Your Source for Residential, Commercial, Investment and Relocation Mortgages in Florida

No comments: